Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 Costume Rewind (Kinda)

Ok... so I was going to do a full post of what I made in 2014. But I realize that it wasn't much of what I originally planned. 

Its actually quite dismal. I truly had Grand Plans for 2014.

 (I'm not including unfinished outfits or UFO's)

Blue Talma (I unfortunately have no pictures of the front!And I sold it on Etsy)



Navy Blue Day Dress- I added some ruffles taffeta to the apron and Lace to the collar and wrist area and wore it at CoCo 14.


J.P. Ryan Short Jacket

                                                      
                                     Truly Victorian hodge podge of patterns  &
 self draping for Gala gown CoCo 14.








Horrible picture I know but my Mourning Outfit at CoCo 14.


Edwardian Walking Outfit- Truly Victorian Patterns

My 'lil bit' in her mid Victorian dress and drooping petticoat!

Version two of the above gown with some piping on the bodice and hem.

Huge Muff

$1 Paisley Stays (J.P. Ryan pattern with added shoulder Strap) 




 I also got some smaller projects done; toddler chemise, toddler bloomers, toddler strapped petticoat, 18th century toddler dress,  18th century cap, ribbon garters, several chemises, an under petticoat, and an Victorian travel bag.

This year I hope to do a better job of keeping to my list and completing the Historical Sew Monthly Challenges. ( and take better pictures!)

We Shall See!

3 comments:

  1. You, your little girl, and the costumes are so gorgeous! So glad I found this blog by accident. I will definitely be reading your other posts. Happy 2015! I hope you have fun with all your new projects. <3 Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! I am so glad to see your blog, I thought no people of colour did this :) :) it makes me want to sew stuff. I stopped looking at some reenacting/costume blogs because of racism and just .. you know how it can make a person feel. i cried (bawled really) for half an hour lol. it was really depressing. but you look so beautiful and elegant and your daughter is the cutest!! I wish you all the very best in everything!! I wonder if you've seen the pictures of 19th C black american women in colleges. you could be one of them (esp in your edwardian dress! you look like you came to slay lol. thank you for literally existing

    ReplyDelete