Monday, December 22, 2014

A Huge Muff Of Course, Part One



So I've had this faux fur fabric FOREVER!

I attempted to make a muff in the beginning of my sewing adventures but it came out less then stellar.... I mean it was BAD!!!
stamp courtesy of : http://classic.meez.com/community.dm?furl=http%3A//forums.meez.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D1256716
Fast Forward 10+ years.

Yes, I don't need a muff in Arizona weather but it was too pretty to pass up.
Plus I'm on an accessories kick for all my costumes.

While researching period outerwear for another planned accessory, I kept coming across these gorgeous muffs on Pinterest.

Small (ca. 1860's)


Medium  (ca. 1880's)

 

Large (I think this one was ca. 1890's)

 

Huge  (ca. 1890's)

 

Humongous   (ca. 1810's-20's)

 

And Finally Ginormous or it could be the other way around!! That regency muff is huge compared to the model!


Anyway, I really wanted to use my faux fur.  

But I felt that a muff that large out of fur would be a lot of work for an accessory I wouldn't use often. 

So the brainstorming began! 

Plan of action formulated!

To be continued....
Da-da-da





2 comments:

  1. What? That was sooooooo not nice!! hahahahahaha!!! Just kidding...I just am not a patient sort of girl and want to see your fabulous hand muff right now!!! Can't wait to see your creation!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gina!! I'm sorry...lol I had a lot to say about this muff :) Patience isn't a strong point for me either. Thanks!!
      Best Regards!

      Kristen

      Delete