Saturday, September 13, 2014

Costume College 2014 and An Amazing Scholarship!

Awesome Scholarship Opportunity!!

In the winter of 2012-2013 I was notified via email that I had won one of the coveted 
Costume College Full Scholarships!

It was an amazing surprise! 
It was also something that I very much needed at the time. 

So many things in life were going horribly. I was very ill with Hyperemesis Gravidarum due to my pregnancy (a pregnancy that we were ecstatic about!), my job had denied allowing my co-workers to donate additional sick days to me due to my non-union status and since I was sick and was without pay for several weeks Good News in need. (On top of that I had to pay back several hundred dollars due to a automatically set check deposited.)

Anyway, the scholarship came at a time when I very much needed Good News!

What did I have to do to win the scholarship??
I completed the essay scholarship (but there are several other options available)

"Essay – for service, hardship, education, or skill

Essay scholarships are awarded by the CGW Scholarship Committee so that the individual may be rewarded for their service to the organization; OR be assisted due to hardship; OR be exposed to resources, gain experience and be encouraged in their costuming life. Scholarships may be awarded based on a combination of of these criteria or on a single one.

 (From www.costumecollege.net )


A picture of a costume you created had to be submitted with your entry, I submitted the below pictures.  

Me and a Fellow Alaska Attendee!! (Small World)

Oh Dear!!

Don't you love the facial expression !


The scholarship paid for not only my CoCo registration fees but my membership fees, two nights stay at the hotel and a $30 dollar credit to use toward a limited attendance class!! 

But you may be saying, um...so why aren't there any post from Costume College 2013?? 

Well, my 'lil bit' was due July 15th and Costume College is the last weekend of July! 

Cutting it a lil close don't ya say! 

Anyway, after emailing the board about my diagnosis of Hyperemesis Gravidarum and my due date they graciously allowed me to roll over my scholarship! 

They are awesome!!

Anyway 2013 CoCo came and went... 'lil bit' was born on the 18th of July and I waited in anticipation for CoCo 14!

To those would like to attend CoCo check out the scholarship information on the their website!




No comments:

Post a Comment